Click Here To Visit Our Main Web Site

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Do I Have Godly Character?






AFRICA REPORT: Pastor Don Schwarz Poured Out For Africa

Philippians 2: 17Yea, and if I be offered (poured out) upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

Do I Have Godly Character?

Psalm 68: 5A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

As a disciple of Jesus Christ it is my greatest desire to be acquiring godly character. For this to be so the things that are important to my Father in heaven must become important to me---right? It is easy to make my lips move and say I am a follower of Jesus. But, it is the fruit of my life that determines what is in my heart. Didn’t Jesus tell us that a good tree bears good fruit?

That is why our ministry began helping orphans in Africa. About six years ago my Abba spoke to me by His Spirit to my spirit. He reminded me that pure and undefiled religion ministers to orphans and that I did not (James 1:27). I then proceeded to tell Him something that He had obviously overlooked-the fact that I did not know any orphans. Graciously, He then instructed me that if I would have the faith to obey Him---He could work out the details of locating some orphans for me to go and bless, and love, and pray for, and buy food for, and believe Him for great things for, etc. So now we have been to many African countries and today have different orphan outreaches in Kenya, Rwanda, and the DR Congo. Other than seeing a sinner on their way to hell being saved and set free by Jesus, I cannot think of anything better that helping hungry, hopeless, desperate orphans and sharing with them food, hope, and an environment of safety---oh dear brethren THEY ARE CHILDREN! By grace we help some eat, hear the gospel, go to school, buy clothes, but here is the best! I am trusting King Jesus, who by the way loves to please our Father, to help us plant an orphan village with housing, vocational training, farming and livestock, and a Bible College, JUST FOR ORPHANS! It is in Rwanda and is called the Poured Out For Africa Gospel Village. Rwanda has about 10,000,000 people and guess how many are orphans? About 840,000 are fatherless, which makes up almost ten percent of their population---can you imagine? So please pray for me as I want to partner with our Father in heaven to be a father to the fatherless. It is the least I can do since I had no Father in heaven until Jesus saved me and through Him I was adopted into His eternal family. We should all understand what it means to need the Father’s love. POFA also help some widows in Africa and has plans to integrate them into our Gospel Village work.

If you would like to hear more about our work in Africa, please contact me personally by phone or email. We are looking for new Kingdom partnerships who will help us advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. I obey the Lord and leave my home and family to preach the gospel, make disciples, and minister to orphans and widows. Will you pray about helping me do this work and provide for my family while I am gone? The time has come to lay treasures up in heaven more than ever as the treasures here are fast depreciating in value. We take a very small salary from this ministry and the rest goes to doing the Kingdom work in the field of harvest.

Take a look at our blog to see a video and pictures of some of our Father’s children in Africa. Praise King Jesus and THANK YOU FATHER!

Don Schwarz

Mission Pastor/Executive Director

Poured Out For Africa www.pouredoutforafrica.com

pofa@earthlink.net 832-878-0756

No comments:

Post a Comment